Thursday, February 9, 2012

Miracles...tender mercies and the hand of the Lord in my life!

Let's just say that the past 5 days haven't been the best 5 days in my life.  But in talking with a friend tonight it hit me how blessed I've been and how I've already experienced two miracles.


Dr. Brown and Dr. Zempolich and People Who Love Me


1.  Dr. Brown:
Dr. Brown is booked out a year for regular check-ups.  I knew that if I talked to Joyce she might be able to get me in.  But Joyce was out of town last week.
Monday:   I made a call on Monday asking if it would be possible to see Dr. Brown.  Given that I wasn't having any major symptoms, I decided to just wait for Joyce to come back and see if she could work me in.
Tuesday:  At 1:20 pm I listened to a message that was left at 9:30 am saying if I could call them back in 20 minutes, they had a cancellation and would be able to see me at 2:00 pm.  I didn't get the message until 1:20pm.  They couldn't get anyone to take the appointment and after a quick drive to IMC I was in Dr. Browns office.  Her caring, competence and instincts led to a series of events that brings me to my next miracle.


2.  Dr. Zempolich
Approximately 30 hours after my initial visit with Dr. Brown -- I had an appointment set for Friday to see Dr. Zempolich.  I knew nothing about her other than Dr. Brown said she was the Dr. she wanted me to see.  I 100% completely trust Dr. Brown so I knew that was who I wanted.  Dr. Zempolich just happened to be doing surgery down the hall, Dr. Brown just happened to be able to catch her, Dr. Zempolich just happened to be free on her day off on Friday and said she'd be happy to see me and she happened to be available to do surgery at IMC on a day she doesn't go there.
What I learned tonight is my friend who researches everything and interviewed multiple Drs, tried to see Dr. Zempolich and had a 3 month window and wasn't able to see her -- she was able to see her partner (who is also fabulous) and her partner did the surgery.  She said from everything they learned I have the most capable Dr. there is out there.  


3.  Incredible Family and Friends.  I can't even begin to explain the overwhelming love I've felt in the last few days.  From Dave who keeps telling me he has big shoulders, my family, my kids, my friends and nurses.  I could write for several hours about all of the love I'm getting.  I can feel prayers, I have laughed and laughed... thank you to those who have such a great sense of humor and for everyone who has made me know the regardless of what happens I have a incredible support!


I'm still praying for the miracle of this all ending after Tuesday, but knowing I have the best of the best I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

We love you and your family Steph!