Sunday, February 19, 2012

Color Town is Gone... but it was fun while it lasted

Yesterday after helping Dave and the girls clean the house spotless (yes everyone should have a Dave around when you can't clean for 6 weeks) I sent Cam outside to enjoy the sunshine.

For 3 hours Livi and Cam (and Sophie on and off) created "Color Town by Cameron and Olivia" with sidewalk chalk.  (That was the big sign in the middle of the driveway.)  They drew buildings and parking lots and people and stories and traced each others body outlines and rode their bikes and ate snacks and did just everything a 5 and 7 year old should do on a warm February afternoon.  They were covered in chalk and it made me so happy.

It even inspired me to call Val and take my first walk outside... not very far but it was nice.

Yesterday could be term'd as a "teary" day for me.  For whatever reason if I talked on the phone yesterday I ended up in tears... actually ok face-to-face oddly enough.

My "life" may have taken a "head-on crash with a bus and lost" the last few weeks, but to see Cam and Livi outside living, pretending, laughing and creating was just what I needed yesterday.

The overnight snow wiped out "Color Town" but that is ok... I actually love the snow and that will just give Cam and Livi another chance to create a new world again.

2 comments:

The Lymans said...

It made me smile too!

Jacqueline Marie said...

Did you know that you are inspiring? because you are!