Every night Dave has to give me a shot in my stomach -- and well... I'll admit that I have shed a tear or two. Kenzi always leaves the room and won't come back in for a few minutes. She came in last night after the shot with tears in her eyes and told me how sad it makes her to see me cry. My heart aches for her that she has to watch this.
I know that this time in our lives will have bittersweet memories for all of us. I remember going to Dr. appointments, chemos and some really bad treatments when my mom had cancer. At one horrible treatment called the "rock and roll" it was all I could to not completely lose it in front of her. I remember feeling so sad when she was in so much pain. But I wouldn't trade any of it. I wouldn't trade spending that time with her, hurting with her and hopefully helping to ease a little of what she was feeling. Kenzi and I talked a little about this and how it has to be even harder for her to be 12... I was an adult when I did all of that.
At breakfast this morning Makenzie in her sweet way asked me if I was sad I am going to lose my hair. We talked about even though it is just hair, all girls want to feel beautiful and feel good about themselves and unfortunately looking at myself in the mirror is a part of how I feel about myself -- so I guess the short answer is yes. But I told her I'd rather lose my hair than my life and if losing my hair will help save my life bring it on. I looked over at her and tears were running down her cheeks... mine too.
I wish I could say this will be the past few weeks will be the last times we will cry together, but I'm afraid it will be the first of many. Kenzi is already such a sweet and compassionate little thing, and I believe in the long run it will just refine that gift she has.
| Love this picture of her with this super gross snake around her neck. |
| A Kenzi favorite... such a random funny picture. Kenzi when she was in Power in His Touch and a picture of she and Danny who played the Savior. She was so little then. |
| And I had to include a Kenzi head shot. Most of my phone and 1/2 of my camera are filled with Kenzi head shots. She is a darling girl, but man can she do some scary looking photos of herself! |
4 comments:
Sweet Kenzi...love her!
That was a snake? Wow, so brave. I believe tears to be a kind of healing balm. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
The cute little girl who would come outside in a different dress-up outfit every day has really grown up! I am glad she is taking such good care of you!
I love you SOOOOOO much!!! ;) you are the best mom anyonecould ever have!!!
Post a Comment