So the port came out ... Yay!
But at the end of the catheter there was green stuff. (And of course my Dr. had never had a patient with this.)
Spent the last two nights in the hospital ... Boo!
After a couple of ct scans they found a tiny perforation in my intestines right by the port. Just be safe and watch me I've been on a liquid diet and stayed in the hospital. They think it is small enough it will heal on its own, particularly now that nothing else has happened in the last 2 days.
I'm going home on 3 antibiotics, and bigger open wound and no chemo for another week. I'm not even going to talk about the other 2 options if it doesn't heal... I can't think about them today. (Although with me chances are pretty good I'm going to have the impossible happen. My cute friend Sue texted me yesterday and told me I'm one in a million but I can stop being negative medical 1 in a million.)
Except for some burning at the hole, I feel good.
I'm trying sooooo hard not to get discouraged, but I have to be honest, every time they postpone a chemo I get a little panicked. Hoping there is some ryhme or reason to all of these problems. I just have to repeat over and over "all flesh is in my hands, be still and know that I am God.".
No comments:
Post a Comment