Friday, May 25, 2012

Another year down ... love watching Lolo run!

Love the smile in this picture ...
Savannah and Lauren -- Millcreek 2nd and South Davis 4th
The reason I don't run -- this is the look on my face I have before, during and after!!

This year Lauren decided she doesn't love the mile and so toward the end of the season she focused on the shorter runs.


Either way it is so much fun to watch her run -- especially because I don't run and absolutely hate running -- and it comes so naturally to her!  One person described her running as "a jungle animal gracefully running through the forest!"  Never would have thought of it that way, but she does have a great stride.  


She made it to District in the 400 and 4x400.  She didn't place in the 400, but did great for her first year.  Her 4x400 team took 2nd.  I didn't get to see that race but apparently she ran the 400 of her life.  They were in about 6th place from the 2nd runner and Lauren did her thing and got them almost back into first when she passed it off to the final runner.  


Savannah her soccer friend from South Davis ran the same races so they had fun competing against each other.  Here's to another great year of track!

2 comments:

Jacqueline Marie said...

I can't believe how old Lauren is getting!!!! I was looking through my scrapbook the other day and i came to when she was a baby!!! Gosh! How time flies! She's getting more and more beautiful everyday!

Tara said...

Yay Lauren! I am excited to move to Utah so I can actually come watch!!

Haha...I love that last pic....that's the face I have before as well...I would assume it would be the same during and after but I don't because I don't run.

Is she doing a toe touch in that other one?