I have to admit it has been pretty helpful to have some bald nieces around. The first time I went out to a restaurant Brooke was with us. It was easier to not be the only one in a hat. We decided no one would know which one of us was "sick cancer patient." One day Brooke, Kerri and I went to lunch -- Kerri was the only one who wasn't bald -- it was kind of fun to not be in the minority.
So to Tara, Brooke, Adam and Cameron -- I love you! And as Tara says "Baldies Unite!"
| Steph, Tara, Cameron and Brooke |
| Adam and his bald head -- he sent me this picture with the following poem. |
Aunt Steph,
Roses are Red Violets are Blue,
I just want you to know this is in honor of you!
There are many people who admire you don't you see?
One of those many does include me!
I really have wanted to write this poem on my head,
But nothing came off skin easy so I am typing it instead.
Atleast I hear that your head is pretty round,
Unfortunatley after doing this, remnants of a cone I found!
Whether a hat, a wig, or just the skin,
I am sure you will look pretty if you just grin.
Now there is one less obstacle left to go,
You will make it through this journey I know!
Love Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment