Friday, May 27, 2011

What's Not to Love About Her....


You gotta love Kenzi... but here are my two reasons why today:

1. Just just got braces on and is so cute. They were fun (for about the 1st hour until they started hurting) and now she is just tolerating them. It will be fun to see how they work their magic.

2. I've always thought she was one of the most resourceful, creative kids I've ever met. The following scenario just reinforced that fact:

5:00 pm: Kenzi is out in front playing with the kitty... comes in and says how bad she feels for him now that the dog has kind of taken over. Takes him a bowl of milk.

5:10 pm: Disappears in her room for 1/2 hour.

5:40 pm: Comes downstairs with a note that reads "Please come to my room at 6:15 pm sharp!" Gives an identical note to Dave when he gets home from work.

6:15 pm: We go to her room, knock on the door and are greeted by a blanket tent draped over her loft bed.

Kenzi: "Hello. Please no questions until the end. I have been worried about the cat now that the dog has taken over. So I have a proposal. I think we should let the cat sleep in my room at night."

(Side note... I'm allergic to cats and Cam seems to be as well... not gonna happen in my house.)

She pulls out a notebook and proceeds to show us a drawing of how she would like to add a cat door to her window and will build a little deck outside her window. She explains the drawing and then pulls out a clay 3D reproduction of how it will all work.

"Ok... outside my door is a voting box (and it was handmade lovely voting box). You have one hour to put a note in the box that says yes or no. Thank you for your time."

Holy smokes, if we ever come up with a business proposal she is the one I am going to do the "sales pitch." Obviously the answer has to be no, but Dave and I were both broken-hearted to have to tell her that.

Her kind heart was breaking for her kitty, and her creative, "take charge" mind came up with a solution.

I'm still trying to come up with some great way to reward her for her ingenuity... any ideas?!

4 comments:

Rob & Megg said...

LOVE it! What a darling daughter...so thoughtful and those braces are fantastic! Love you Kenz!

Susie Heaton said...

Oh Steph that is so funny. I am sitting here with Sydney and started laughing so I read the post to her. Kenzi is so resourceful. You have talented children. She is very wise and thoughtful for her age.
Love!

Stephanie said...

Amazing! What a smart cookie!

kenzi said...

hehehehehe...... thx mom! love u!