It seems like every year there is some kind of "theme" to our summer.
A couple of years ago it was a soccer, choir and biking summer (I think Lauren did 6 tournaments, Kenzi sang a ton and we did our Provo Canyon trip several times.)
Last year was the summer of Monopoly Deal -- we played at least 5-6 rounds every day for the entire summer. Every time Dave came home it seems like we were playing Monopoly Deal.
Not sure what this summer will be, but it just may be the summer of Lagoon.
After much hesitation, Santa brought us Lagoon Season passes. (4 of us... not Dave of course) Since then several of our friends have gotten passes so I'm kind of thinking we'll have some fun playdates and pass around the kids days to Lagoon.
We did our first 4 hour little trip to Lagoon and I have to say -- I enjoyed it. There is something to be said for not feeling like I have to stay for 12 hours to get my money's worth, for the kids feeling like they have to ride every ride at least once and their favorite at least 2x. We stayed about 3 1/2 hours, freaked out Cameron only a little, had a great time people watching (wow is all I can say -- I forget how sheltered my little Bountiful world is).
I'm not sure I'll feel the same way after a 100 degree day at Lagoon, but so far I'm ok with Lagoon being one of our Summer 2011 memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment