Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good Job Lolo.. 5:43





















  • The South End track meet was Friday and Millcreek did great... as did Jana our super cute, ultra fast niece!!

  • Jana took 1st (I think) in the 100m and 200m -- her relay team did well too. I'll be really surprised if she doesn't finish 1st or 2nd in the District Finals in both of those events.

  • Lolo qualified to go to District Finals in the mile and beat the Millcreek 7th grade mile record. She was in a really fast heat (the girl that won was amazing!!) which pushed her and everyone else. Her goal is to cut off a few seconds from that record at District.

  • Their 4/400 relay team dominated... didn't wait to see the final time ... but all 4 of them were amazing. She runs the 400 better in the team event than the individual and I think the 4 of them just push each other to go even faster.

  • It is fun (and hard as a mom) to watch her push herself so hard. She did the mile, had a bit of a break then did the 400m. The 800 was the next race and she felt like she was going to barf so she and her coach decided to have her skip the 800m so they had a better chance at the 4/400. (I'm probably not the best one for her to see as she is finishing a race and wants to barf... didn't mean to be near the finish line at that moment.)

  • With half of Lauren's soccer team, Jana and the Fergusons (Jana you can have him until Lauren is in college) there it was a lot of fun to cheer on someone in pretty much every race. Grandpa even stayed for the whole meet and Cameron would run down to the track to yell if he knew someone.

  • Camille Johnson brought over these great pictures... love the intensity (and sick look on the mile ones) and Lauren as I said -- when you are 40 and have 5 kids I sure hope you still have those legs... if not just enjoy them now.

  • Good luck Wednesday Lo...

3 comments:

Happy2Bme said...

That is SO awesome! I wish I had been that cool and stuck with track through all of the run-til-ya-barf times. You rock!

The Lymans said...

Holy muscles!! That is so cool, Lauren!!

Coco said...

WAY TO GO LAUREN!!
I knew you could do it, and I'm so happy you did! Good luck at the district championships!

Love kerri

p.s. i hope you said "that was for you kerri" at the end. or at least thought it.