When Lauren was in nursery another mom "affectionately" (or maybe not so affectionately some days) called her the Bionic Baby. At first I was offended, but then I decided having a lot of energy and zest for life was good. From the time she was baby when she was excited her hands would shake, everything was fun for her and she was always up to trying something new.
Hyperactive isn't how I would explain it -- she can definitely tone it down when she needs to and is very focused in school. I think metabolism has a lot to do with it as well -- that chick eats and eats and eats and is as little as a toothpick.
As she has grown up this hasn't changed. When she was younger in the winter I would make her go outside and play in the snow at least 1/2 hour a day because she would go nutty if she didn't expend at least a certain amount of energy each day. She has boundless energy, she can stay up until 11 or 12 and still get up for school or soccer in the morning (she is always begging me to play a game or watch Psych with her late at night).
Hyperactive isn't how I would explain it -- she can definitely tone it down when she needs to and is very focused in school. I think metabolism has a lot to do with it as well -- that chick eats and eats and eats and is as little as a toothpick.
As she has grown up this hasn't changed. When she was younger in the winter I would make her go outside and play in the snow at least 1/2 hour a day because she would go nutty if she didn't expend at least a certain amount of energy each day. She has boundless energy, she can stay up until 11 or 12 and still get up for school or soccer in the morning (she is always begging me to play a game or watch Psych with her late at night).
She started track this year and she is doing fabulous!! As I was watching her run the mile, the 800, the 400 and 400 medley (all within about 1 1/2 hours) and never seeming to tire I remembered the "bionic baby" comment and decided it all makes sense. Our weaknesses really can be our strengths.
As a 7th grader she is finishing between 2nd and 5th in all of her races (expect high jump where she came in dead last and much to her relief her coach no longer makes her do). Their 4x400 team absolutely decimated the other teams and she was the only 7th grader on that team.
Another mom (who is also a teacher at the school and Lauren has been to their house several times) was talking to me at the track meet and was saying how fun it is to watch her because she makes it look so easy. (Although Lauren said she wants to throw up during the 2nd lap of the mile... then by the 3rd lap her energy kicks back in and came and told us before the 4x400m she just couldn't run any more -- so she popped a twix, ate some crackers and gatorade and then ran probably her fasted 400). She said one of the things she loves so much about Lauren is her energy and excitement for life!
I have to agree!!! How great if she can keep her energy and excitement for life as a student, a mom, a snow shoveling neighbor, maybe a missionary and everything else she will be doing in her life.
As a 7th grader she is finishing between 2nd and 5th in all of her races (expect high jump where she came in dead last and much to her relief her coach no longer makes her do). Their 4x400 team absolutely decimated the other teams and she was the only 7th grader on that team.
Another mom (who is also a teacher at the school and Lauren has been to their house several times) was talking to me at the track meet and was saying how fun it is to watch her because she makes it look so easy. (Although Lauren said she wants to throw up during the 2nd lap of the mile... then by the 3rd lap her energy kicks back in and came and told us before the 4x400m she just couldn't run any more -- so she popped a twix, ate some crackers and gatorade and then ran probably her fasted 400). She said one of the things she loves so much about Lauren is her energy and excitement for life!
I have to agree!!! How great if she can keep her energy and excitement for life as a student, a mom, a snow shoveling neighbor, maybe a missionary and everything else she will be doing in her life.
(Like other moms I just wish I could bottle up that energy and take just a little sip each day.)
3 comments:
We love her too. Way to go Lauren!!
Lauren, you truly are the most excited person I know! I am so glad that you can channel your energy into such productive activities. Also I'm really glad I can call you my cousin, i'm much cooler because of it.
Steph, the picture of lauren and kenz sitting on a box, and you kneeling on the side, well i think i look exactly like you in that picture. weird.
anyway, i hope you are all doing well.
love,
kerri
I did not finnish last in the high jump... i finnished 6th to last!!!
-Lolo
Post a Comment