Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer for an 8-year old ... doesn't get any better than this.

Cameron:  "This is the best summer of my life!"  

Apparently he is thoroughly enjoying himself this summer.  I love watching an 8-year old, who loves everything -- and is experiencing a lot of firsts.  Here are a few of the things that is making his summer so great. 

Baseball League Champions -- beat the undefeated Dodgers 2x in the tournament.  
(Although I kind of think the dads were more excited than the kids.  And Lauren was super jealous of the huge trophy.)

Centerville Kids Kamp -- PJ day, rockets, carnival, water day, sports day and more.  
(My girls did this camp and I had forgotten how much they loved it and I love it.)

Scout Camp -- Dinosaurs & Super Heros, Trading Post and Tons of Dirt
(Oh my ... heavens!  I've never seen him so dirty in my life or so excited to talk about the details.  He bought Indiana Jones whips at the trading store, loved every silly skit and just couldn't get enough of the two days.)

Swimming Lessons and Cherry Hill
(Finally has overcome his slight fear of the water and diving board.   Loving every minute of water this year.)

Playing outside until dark w/friends: sandbox, mud, robbers, wars, scooters &  more.
(There are 8 kids from 5 - 10 in the circle, with a few more younger and older, and summer nights in the cul-de-sac or someone's backyard is always entertaining.)












No comments: