Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kenzi 6th Grade Graduation







The end of an era ... Kenzi is an official graduate of 6th grade.


Love the program they do at Valley View (a bit long) but the orchestra playing with YOU RAISE ME UP is pretty darn cool.  She was a little disappointed that I wasn't bawling at the end of her program.  I told her if I had started crying I would cry for the rest of the day and just couldn't start.


The weekend was full of parties... after graduation lunch with mom and friends, Friday afternoon bff girls only party, Friday night swimming party for the whole class, piano recital, Saturday afternoon swimming party for the whole class, Saturday night Oak Hills 6th grade party and Sunday afternoon graduation dinner for Kaylee.  Is it any wonder she is exhausted this week.


But she has done amazingly well for the past few years.  We spent much of 3rd and 4th grades trying to help her remember to get homework in ... oh the days of drama and tears of a page of missing assignments that were done and just not turned in.  This year I think she once or twice had a missing assignment.  She really has worked hard to learn to be more organized and even got the Academic All American Award!


She had just enough ups and downs during the past few years to give her good learning experiences ... about how to treat friends and the consequences of those who don't treat friends well, boys (learned a good lesson there that I won't share but glad she is learning now) and mostly about knowing what you can accomplish by working hard!



No comments: