Monday, June 25, 2012

Chemo #4 -- Rejected Again!

I wasn't holding my breath thankfully -- but I got sent away from chemo again today.

Platelets were up a bit, but white blood had dropped and the infection fighting cells within the white blood count specifically had dropped too low.

I am getting shots every day this week to try to boost the white blood count ... and we try again next Monday.

She said the bone marrow just seems to have been very hammered with the chemo.  The IP chemo is less intrusive on bone marrow -- but they would have to wait 1-2 weeks to do the surgery to put it in, 2-3 weeks for it to heal and then just hope I didn't get an infection like before.

Oddly enough I feel good and I think I look healthy too.

Frustrating ... feels like I'm in a no win situation.

I'm sure I'm learning something and I'm sure there is a plan for all of this, but today I don't really have the emotional energy to put it into words.  So... I'll just get the shots, eat healthy all week and see what happens next week.

1 comment:

Susie Heaton said...

Steph, that is too bad. (It does sound weird to say that about chemo.) You are in my prayers always. Dave gave such a great talk last Sunday. I could look at him though because I couldn't control my tears. I sure that comes as a shock to you. hahaha! I love you!