Tuesday, June 5, 2012
2nd Grade Parent Appreciation -- Sweet, touching and really funny!
Last week we went to Cameron's 2nd grade parent appreciation program. I have loved, loved, loved Cameron's 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Thompson, and today just reinforced this.
For the past month Cameron has been asking me if I was going to feel good enough to come to this program... I guess one of the blessings of postponed chemo.
It was full of songs, slides, poems, hats, flowers and tons of love towards moms and dads. And oh so sweet.
A few hilarious highlights from the Hess perspective:
1. Each child made a paper plate face of their mom's face and it was on the floor next to them ready to be pulled out for a surprise. I jokingly asked Cameron if he made me bald. He laughed and said no.
But when it was time to pick up the plate and put it over their faces he accidentally pulled off the hair and there was BALD STEPHANIE. Dave and I were laughing so hard as Cam was trying to hold the hair on the plate. His face went bright red and he was laughing. After the program he came up and showed us "before and after" Stephanie hair pictures.
2. Apparently Cameron is confused about the race of his father or pictures Dave as being really, really, really tan and cool. He drew a picture of Dave in the book he made us and there was a drawing of each dad in the slide show, and in both pictures Dave was very dark... perhaps African-American or Polynesian. Dave was even darker than the pictures Amine drew of his parents and they are Tongan. (BTW Cameron and I were both very pale faced in the pictures of us.)
3. There was a one page summary of each parent in the book with things about each of us. My favorite question was this one -- made me laugh and cry. Funny perception about priorities for him right now.
If your mom could have anything in the whole world it would be "HEALTHY FOREVER."
If your dad could have anything in the whole world it would be "A LIFE SUPPLY OF DIET COKE."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha...oh camo
Tell Dave he better start wearing sunscreen. I hope and pray I don't actually look like the pictures Olivia and Sophie draw of me.
Post a Comment