Friday, August 26, 2011

... Smile on Kenzi's Face Looking at her Tangled Birthday Cake ... Priceless



















1 Challenge
Kenzi: Can Aunt Jenn make me a Tangled Birthday Cake
Me: You don't even like cake.
Kenzi: I know, but I want a cool Tangled Birthday Cake
Me: I'll make you one.
Kenzi: You'll just make a flat cake and stick a Tangled doll in the middle.

4 Great Morleys
* Becca for offering to help me and go above and beyond the call of friendship
* Luke and Tessa for letting me monopolize their mom for a few days and being so patient.
* Barrett for not caring Becca did nothing but birthday caking for a few days

3 Cake Mixes
3 large bottoms, 4 middle small (and one cracked middle -- of course it was me making it)

1 Batch of Rice Krispies
For the top 2 towers

Lots of Fondant Frosting and Molds

Research & Design, 2 Hours of Baking, 1 Hour of Fondant Frosting Making & 6 Straight Hours of Becca and Steph Decorating

Fake Yummy/Unattractive Brownies
When Cameron looked at "That is Kenzi's cool Tangled Cake?) Cam and Laren knew I was doing the cake -- but Kenzi had no idea.

Look on Kenzi's Face = PRICELESS!!!

3 comments:

Reba said...

Wow, what a cool cake! Way to go mom... and Becca!

The Lymans said...

I specialize in the flat cakes with something stuck in the middle of them. They make them at Costco. I'll help you with your next one :)

Nancy Nina said...

You two rock! K, so Jameson's B-day is Dec 10th...that should give you guys plenty of planning, baking, decorating time, right?

Do you ever worry about the bar being set too high though? You know, you have have like 30 more kid birthdays you've got to come up with cool cakes. Just something to think about. :)