

I love the "talk" words by Mary Schmich about sunscreen (I will post it later).
One part I really love is "Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."
I've known Natalie my whole life. In fact I don't remember ever not knowing Nat.
We went to Elementary, Jr. High, High School, 1 year of BYU together. We spent every summer playing growing up playing night games, running back and forth between each others houses, we vacationed with each other's families, skied together every weekend for 2 years, girls camp/youth conferences/EFY, good double dates and bad double dates, went through multiple broken hearts and boyfriends, sicknesses, adoptions, sealings, parents dying, family stress and more. At BYU everyone thought we were sisters -- I guess we just as well could be sisters. Somehow through the years and living in different states we've managed to stay in touch -- a lot of that is thanks to Nat. My kids always thought they were relatives.
I remember when we were probably 4 and 5 and we were sitting on her wall and she got red ants in her pants. I remember her mom's chocolate chip cookies. I remember when we went skiing in Park City and stayed at a condo and I got the world's worse case of strep. Unfortunately I'll never forget our Ward Campout at Cherry Hill and our 1984 National Championship Football "friends." (Nat I don't share the details of those stories.) When Lauren was adopted she came down and spent the weekend for the adoption and sealing. I remember her sitting and listening to all my stories... it kind of felt like my mom was actually here with me!
There really is something comforting about someone that has known you forever, knows everything about you and still loves you anyway!
Brent and their kids are moving to Virginia at the end of this month. I'm really hoping/planning for a trip out to see them Spring 2013.
Happy Birthday Nat!!!
4 comments:
I want to hear the stories! Loved the drive-in double date one in your last post...I'm sure the ones with Nat are equally as entertaining. A dear friend is priceless. Definitely get out there Spring '12.
I love you as much or more than my own sister. Thanks for such sweet memories and for a long lasting friendship that I will always cherish. :0) "Fat Nat"
Well not more than my sisiter--- but atleast as much as. ;0)
Steph that was a really sweet post. You guys really do look a lot alike! I love that you guys are still so close, that's really a super duper cool blessing - loved that quote too. Oh, and it's a good thing Nat cleared up her wording lol.
Post a Comment