Monday, July 29, 2013

My crazy daughter!

Not that I haven't always known this, but my beautiful daughter Lauren is CRAZY!!!!

We've had a chance to go to the lake a few times this summer, and I can't get over this wild woman on the tube.  Seriously loves to flip and fly and freak me out!!

She has this "maniacal" look with a combination of joy and terror in her eyes -- and she screams a high pitch, whistle type scream.

And honestly she would go for hours and hours if we let her. 

I had to laugh this weekend with the Russells -- everyone went with her once, but no one wanted to go with her again -- because Scott or Dave would do the wildest rides if she was on the tube.  


I have learned to just sit on the front bow of the boat and listen to their screams -- makes me too nervous to watch.  I've learned with cancer to get rid of things that stress me and watching her stresses me.

.... I also learned this summer she is crazy in other ways.  After fireworks I took her and her friend to a late night Del Taco run.  While in the drive up for 20 minutes, she was singing at the top of her lungs 'Jar of Hearts."  I jokingly dared her to go sing the song to the car in front of us ... and she did.  

I love her energy and zest for life... just wish it wasn't so fast on the tube sometimes!

No comments: