There are lots of things that make me happy -- I won't use this post to list them all. But I think one of the most fulfilling things in my life is watching my kids be happy, and watching them succeed -- especially if there is a little adversity involved.
We were discussing plays, musicals, sports, etc. the other night and one of the kids asked Dave what he likes to watch. His answer "My favorite thing to watch is whatever activity my kids are participating in." So very true for me too.
Last Saturday Cam had "Pick for 6" in his flag football game. He was soooo excited. Just watching his face as he ran over to the sidelines was priceless -- listening him tell Dave about it after was even better.
Kenzi did some recording tryouts for some choir things last week. Listening to her angel voice is the most relaxing, peaceful thing for me.
And as of last night, Lauren and the Bountiful Braves are going to the State playoffs. They were the underdogs and there defense had been kind of "slammed" in some of the pre-game stuff. So to watch them win, and dominate, was so exciting!
What made it even better for me was Lauren. Sunday night she started barfing and threw up about 10 times on Monday. Monday evening she had a fever and ached all over. Dave kept telling her about Michael Jordan and how he defeated the Jazz with the stomach flu. He kept giving her pep talks and told her regardless of how she felt she needed to go out and play and help her team. Tuesday morning her fever was gone and she was no longer throwing up, but she had a headache and didn't feel good. But she went to school, she played soccer and she was awesome. She and the other defenders almost completely shut down the "amazingly fast" Skyline defenders.
I love that she worked so hard all summer and it payed off. I love that she has worked so hard all fall, has been trying to eat healthy and despite a super busy schedule has done well in school. I love that she had the flu, that she fought through it and found success. I know it won't always work out that way, but for today I am so grateful!!
So Friday night at Rio Tinto, watching Jana and Lauren do their best, you'll find one happy mom/aunt!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment