Monday, October 29, 2012

Purple Hair, Bloody Scars -- It Must Be Halloween

I can't decide if Halloween is fun -- or creepy.  It gives people a chance to be what they secretly would like to be -- which in some cases is pretty creepy.  Although it is not yet Halloween, we've had a week of fun activities from parties to haunted houses... it is just strange to see someone running around with a chain saw.

At our 1st Annual Wall Family Halloween party I got to sport my first "real do" since chemo, and then I wore it again to our Stake YM/YW Special Needs Halloween Carnival.  I'm not quite ready to wear my super short hair cut "out and about" but when I dye it purple and wear it as a part of a Halloween costume it looks pretty cool.

Thanks for Toph even though Dave was sick we enjoyed him anyway and Doug made a great Grandpa.  Yes -- they took home the grand prize.  Yummy food, donuts on a string, mummy contests and more.    

Last night Kenzi and a few of her friends were "creepy children" at a spook alley at the Bountiful High Halloween Dance -- and they loved their bloody scars and loved the chance to creep people out in the graveyard.

We have a cop and a robber. A nickel back (as opposed to Nickel Back) a quarter back, a buck-an-ear (ha ha ha), a pair of blue genes/jeans, an owl, super lighting man, Waldo, green grapes, purple grapes, black-eyed pears, a turkey, Hester Prynne, Grandpa IVon and Uncle Dave.

The Black-Eyed Peas

Vance Cook -- great sport who let me dye his hair purple too!
Even Lyla loved the donut eating contest.

Lorie, Karen and Gavin as mummies.




Terri's super cute mummies.

Toph as Dave -- creepy how much he looked and acted like him.

Funny how much he looked at acted like him.



I

2 comments:

Reba said...

I love the hair! Short-short and purple!

Nancy Nina said...

Love the hair too!

And the Dave look-alike is just priceless!!