Read an article this morning about the most important treatment for Ovarian Cancer is the radical surgery (debulking). This gives me great hope. I feel like I was in the hands of an amazing Dr. Zempolich.
Due to complications my chemo didn't go all that great ... and it has been very hard for me to know that. But when I read articles like this I am feel hopeful.
When I was first diagnosed and my sweet Dr. Brown pulled Dr. Zempolich out of surgery to talk to her and set up an appointment for me, I felt like I was in great hands. I know it was a little tender mercy I got into Dr. Brown that day, and I felt like I had been led to Dr. Z.
As I talked to people and found out more about her this was just confirmed. She is one of the best of the best and has amazing people skills and is so very kind to her patients. Just what I need!
At her clinic they do outreach for small communities that don't have surgical gynecological oncologists to do the Ovarian Cancer surgery -- she goes to Idaho once a month to treat patients there.
So for today I am reminded of the huge blessing I had that started this whole (icky, but full of blessings too) journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment