It has been almost 6 weeks since my last chemo -- and you should see me now.
I have 1/2 eyebrows, little tiny eyelashes, and I actually had to shave my legs tonight. Sure signs that my good cells are regenerating.
My hair gets thicker every day -- I swear if I sat in the mirror and watched for a few hours I would be able to see it grow. (I used to think that with my kids, especially Cameron. If I could just watch him all night in his crib I would actually be able to watch him grow.)
Color and texture of my hair is still to be determined.
Dave thinks it is long enough now to quit wearing hats and scarfs, he says I look very European right now. (But then again he always said I looked really good bald and thought I should have gone out in public bald.)
I think for a while once it grows out a little more I'm going to keep it short, short and may even dye it platinum blonde... just because I can!
"But mom you don't have to shave your legs" was Kenzi's way of trying to keep me positive when I wasn't feeling very pretty.
Now I can say to her "Kenzi I GET to shave my legs!"
Amazing how you learn to appreciate things.
1 comment:
To me there is nothing better than smooth shaved legs, except for maybe squeaky clean, freshly brushed teeth. And I agree... you do look really good bald!
Post a Comment