Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wicked ... Amazing!!! And a wicked price too!







Kenzi and I just got back from seeing Wicked.  Amazing!  I'm speechless.  Loved it!  Loved it! Kenzi loved it too -- she couldn't stop smiling!  I kept having to tell her to not sing along with them.

We had awesome seats -- Row A on the Orchestra -- yes front row!!  (Well 3rd row cause they added to rows of chairs in the front to accommodate the huge crowds.)  We were right in front of the speakers and the sound was amazing and seeing their faces close up was so very cool.  We could hear their singing coming from them and not just the speakers.  

I love the music, but had never seen Wicked before.  I laughed -- I cried.  (Someone read the words to "For Good" at a friend's funeral a few years ago and I couldn't help but think of her and her cute family and all of the wonderful people in my life that have changed me for good.)


The other great thing -- we got the tickets for $25.  Val (thank you, thank you) told us about a nightly drawing they do.  A couple of hours before each performance you can go to the Capital Theater and put your name in for a drawing for Orchestra tickets for $25 each.  Kenzi's name was the 2nd one drawn... yeah for Kenzi!  She was so cute and so proud when they called her name.  When we saw Row A on our tickets we couldn't believe it -- they are usually $135 per ticket for the seats we were in.  After we got the tickets we had an hour to kill so we wandered around City Creek, a cute girl at Nordstrom did some make-up and gave me fake eyebrows and we had some dinner. 

So thanks Val, thanks Kenzi for being lucky and for the great girls night out, thanks Jenn for going with us to try to get tickets -- sorry you didn't get any but I don't feel quite as bad since you've seen it before -- and Wicked was well... wicked!

1 comment:

The Lymans said...

You are wickedly lucky!!