Thursday, August 9, 2012

Survivors at the Summit -- A little too personal this year!

For the past 4 years Kenzi's  choir has performed at Snowbird's "Survivors at the Summit."  These sweet voices at the top of the tram with cancer survivors and families and friends hiking in honor of those they have lost always chokes me up -- I never go to this one without sun glasses.


Due to a late night wedding the night before, it didn't really hit me this year how I would feel at this performance.  The narrative encouraging cancer survivors and families and listening to Kenzi sing a couple of beautiful solos was almost too much for me.

This year they sang at the bottom while participants ate breakfast and got ready for their hikes.

Last year I remember shedding a few tears for my mom and Beki and Roxanne.   Never in my wildest dreams did I think that a year later I would be shedding a tear for my sweet little kids that have had to deal with this, Dave, my family, my friends and me.


No comments: