Saturday, April 21, 2012

Foxy Lady ... Always Foxy -- Thanks Jordan!

When I was in 7th grade I tried out for cheerleader along with two of my best friends.  First cuts came and I didn't make it -- both of them made it to the finals.


I was devastated and both of them going on only made it worse.  My mom tried to cheer me up on the way home but I still went up to my bedroom and cried. 


A while later there was a knock on my door and my 16 year old brother and a few of his cute friends were standing there with a gift.  It was a plaque that said "FOXY LADY."  I can't tell you what that little gift from these 16 year old boys did for me that day -- and all through high school.  I had it hanging in my room and when I was discouraged about boys or didn't get asked to a dance I would look at it and think my brother and his friends think I'm foxy and that is all that matters.


On our cruise in December I shared this story with Scott's kids and last night I received a 2nd generation gift to remind me I'm ok.


My brother Scott flew in to see me and spend the weekend and presented me with a great gift.  It is a mirror that says "ALWAYS FOXY."   My cute nephew Jordan (who is a future Navy man and a tough guy) remembered the story and after I shaved my hair wanted to send me something as a pick me up. (Jordan I always knew you were just like your dad and a softy at heart.)


He bought the mirror and asked Mandy if she could somehow "cuten it up" so she put darling paper and ribbon around it.  The outside says "Always Foxy" and when you open the door there is the mirror.


Foxy is one word I wouldn't use to describe me right now -- but when I look in the mirror Jordan gave me I'm reminded that regardless of what I look like on the outside I still have some pretty wonderful people who will always love me!


1 comment:

Nancy Nina said...

You are definitely a foxy lady...even if it's just your inner foxiness right now. What a fabulous big brother and nephew.

Thinking about you all the time...