So I'm sitting here at my first chemo. I'm alive! I'm not nauseated. Things in my port worked well. I was a little emotional this morning but I'm good now. I'm a bit low on iron which might explain the total lack of energy. Worries me a bit to be low and just getting started. I even had a bit of a laughing attack that embarrassed Dave a bit....probably the mixture of pre Benadryl and steroids and headphones. I've never been good at talking softly with headphones.
Everyone is so kind and caring. My nurse told me most people tolerate getting the chemo pretty well, it is just the dang side affects a couple of days later that make it so rotten. I'm afraid ip day will be a different story but I'll take a good few hours regardless of what might come next.
They will send me home with lots of "stuff" to try and counter the side affects so I'll be praying for good results from those.
Dave gave me a sweet blessing this morning and I need to hold on to the positive moments as much as possible. Cam came to snuggle with me "just for a minute" at 3:30 am this morning and it really helped to calm me and stop thinking about what was coming.
Off to try and nap. Keep thinking that I might wake up sometime and find that this is a really bad dream... But wishing won't do me any good so I'm gonna shut my eyes, relax And enjoy feeling good for now!
1 comment:
I have been thinking about you a lot the past few days. Thanks for keeping us posted about how you are doing!
Suzanne
Post a Comment