Sunday, March 4, 2012

Two steps forward one step back.... Life keeps moving

In the hospital my Dr. warned the recovery would be two steps forward and one step back... If I expected each new day to be better than the last I would be disappointed. I guess the past few days have been my step back days. I wanted to be the one with the miraculous recovery that was up and running in three weeks. But my body has other plans and this step back stuff is no fun. On Thursday I volunteered at Kenzie's school for a half hour, I took a little drive with Misty and even took a walk in the culdesac with the family. I guess my body decided it was time for a break.... Haven't laid around so much for a week.

In the meantime life just keeps going onaround me...not that I would want it any other way, it just feels a little lonely to watch life from the outside.

But then I saw these great pictures. It was the soccer tournament I took Lolo and some girls to the weekend before my diagnosis. It seems strange that my body was full of cancer and didn't even know it. We shopped, we ate, we laughed, we were the hang out room cause there was no dad in our room. It is exactly what a perfect road trip should be. I'm looking forward to something like this again. In the meantime thank heavens for pictures.

















No comments: