President Lewis (the Trek boss) encouraged all of the leaders to memorize the scripture theme -- which I loved.
A cute friend Kristy reminded me the other day of the scripture theme and it hit me in a new way: Mosiah 24:14-15.
14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
I know the next several months are going to be tough and I honestly worry that I may not have the emotional and physical strength to get through this -- I deal with emotional challenges much easier than physical ones -- and to be honest I'm a bit of a whimp all the way around. Every time I read this it really does give me hope. As we studied and tried to teach the kids this scripture last summer with Trek I never would have imagined 9 months later I'd need to apply it in my life in the way I am doing and that this would be the kind of burden placed upon my back and the backs of Dave and the kids. I'm sure the pioneers and everyone who has ever faced trials would never have imagined they'd face the challenges put before them bu they got through them and I will too.
One other random thought -- I watched a talk from President Uchtdorf today when he referred to a quote from President Kimball. “God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other.”
If that is the case I am being watched over and over and over and over. Food, phone calls, txts, thoughts, treats, prayers, rides for kids, visits and more have been poured upon our family during the last 6 weeks. It is almost overwhelming. I never wanted to be a needy person, but I can tell you that the love and service is making all of the difference in the world. l continue to be amazed at how kind and loving and caring everyone is. And Dave... well what can I say about Dave. He sees me in my very worst moments (yes I try to share those only with him unfortunately for him and generally they are in the middle of the night when he doesn't have much of an option than to be here) yet he just continues on serving, cleaning, taking care of the kids, working, playing with the kids, doing his church calling and listening to me complain and be scared about the future -- all of this with absolutely not one complaint ... well there was one complaint once "Cam your mom is driving me nuts" ... but he said it loud enough for me to hear so we could laugh about it.
I just hope everyone knows how much I appreciate the love that surrounds us!
1 comment:
I love that scripture. It is so true! Whether on Trek or in life. Oh Steph, we all love you so much. I wish so badly that you didn't have to go through this. But He will ease your burdens, in a way that none of the rest of us can. Hang in there. :)
Post a Comment