Sunday, September 11, 2011

You are very, very kind ... and very beautiful!

I forget sometimes how much a few kind words can mean to someone... even to me.  


I was having a grumpy morning yesterday (sorry kids and Dave) -- long story and mostly just a feel sorry for myself -- but later in the day I was playing on a swing with a little 6-year old girl I had just met.  


As I was pushing her she looked up at me and said, "You are very, very kind and VERY beautiful!"  Her sweet and genuine words stayed in my head all day long.  It reminded me that a little bit of kindness is what we all need and that I need to be grateful for the little things in my life.  Lately I feel like I am not being a very grateful person and I need to focus on blessings and gratitude..  


If anyone would tell you the shortest, surest way to all happiness they would tell you to make it a rule to thank and praise God for everything that happens to you. For it is certain that whatever seeming calamity befalls you, if you can thank and praise God for it you turn it into a blessing.  William Law

No comments: