Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lauren Sick -- Yes ... Dead -- No

Health is one of those things you really don't appreciate... until something makes you pay attention to it.  A couple of weeks ago Lauren was prancing around the house flexing her muscles and telling me how great she is!  Now my poor little baby Lolo has been sick... really sick for almost a week now.  Fever up to 104.7, no food, no moving and just generally feeling awful.    

Really sick, but not dead!


Funny story -- I was at a soccer fundraiser on Friday night for Lauren (who was home sick) and she had also missed a soccer game earlier -- and she never misses soccer games.  One of her teammates and I had the following conversation:
Sadie:  Is Lauren ok?
Me:  Yes.. she is starting to feel a little better.
Sadie:  I thought she was dead.
Me:  What?
Sadie:  There was a rumor going around at CJH that a girl named Lauren from Millcreek had died because she was so sick from the flu.  I thought it was true and thought it was Lauren and I was freeking out!
Me:  Laugh, laugh, laugh.
Lauren:  Later that night -- not in a good mood from being sick.  Didn't think it was funny.  I told her she will think it is funny when she is better.
Me:  Still thought it was funny.



It is just as awful to worry about your 13-year baby as it was when she was 6 months old and had her first awful ear infection.  I'm grateful for her nice friends who have brought her Kevas and homework, her nice siblings who have done all of her jobs and been so sweet to her, and her wonderful dad who gave her a priesthood blessing.


So Lolo, hurry and get better and start prancing around, flexing your muscles and telling me again about your great physical health!!!  It is much funner that way. 

No comments: