Thursday, September 8, 2011

Triple Sneeze, Super Smeller and Interrupted Sleep Boy... Hess Kids Physical Phenomenons

We all have quirky little things about us -- funny but in the last week I've been reminded about 3 quirky physical features of all 3 of my kids.  


Triple Sneeze:  Lauren only sneezes in threes.  She can't do a single sneeze -- she says they always come in 3s.  Fortunately they are very polite sneezes, but I don't think I've ever heard her do a single sneeze.


Super Smeller:  Kenzi has the world's most sensitive nose!  One of her 1st sentences was "You have smewwy breath" as she would climb in bed with us in the morning.  She can pick out spices in food, she has duct taped her nose at dinner because the smells bothered her and honestly she can smell things I have no idea are even there.  She reminds me of Gus on Psych.  


Interrupted Sleep Boy:  Cam is now 7 1/2 and I honestly don't know if he has ever slept through the night.  This started at conception.  The entire time I was pregnant I didn't sleep through the night -- I was up for at least 2 or 3 hours every night so apparently this started when he was a little zygote.   He ate once a night until he was weaned at 1 and as anyone who knows of my baggy circles, he hasn't slept through the night since.  Many times in the morning I find him in a different sleeping location, he exercises, we wanders, he has strange dreams and more.  

No comments: