Friday, January 14, 2011

Oak Hills Afternoon Carpool #1 Song of the Year... and the Winner is...

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy... by Jack Conte
(the male 1/2 of Pomplamoose)


To say the least, I have a pretty loud/wild afternoon carpool. Five boys (6th grade, 4th grade and three 1st graders) and then Paige and me! They are loud, they all try to talk over the other person and they are all pretty opinionated. Don't get me wrong they are all very entertaining and today gave me chocolate and gum -- and I love their energy and excitement. (It must be something about the afternoons because the Jr. High carpool -- that only consists of 2-3 kids feels equally as loud some days.)

During the holidays I found a fabulous song that they beg for when they get in the car. They fight over who gets "to do drums" and as soon as I turn it on they all stop talking/screaming and they "air play" the song.

Yesterday for some reason they got in the car and everyone was talking (loudly) no one was listening and is was chaotic... I switched on the song and within 2 seconds it was silent!!!

Love this song... (not so much the video with it)... highly recommend it for any rambunctious carpool. (or not so wild carpool -- my morning Valley Viewer girls like it too!!!). If you want to listen go to You Tube and put in Jack Conte Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies.


(I guess this is more of a refined version of my AC/DC days of driving to Solitude to ski or eating chocolate chip cookies with my roommate Sue while driving around Provo singing to "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution.)

1 comment:

Misty said...

Please, please burn me a copy of that Christmas c.d. I can buy Sugarplum on iTunes but I really want the whole album. Por favor. Muchas gracias. :)