ARGHH!@#: Getting ready to go skiing is not my definition of fun. Dragging the kids down to rent, Dave having too busy of a Tuesday to take work off and come with us, finding snow stuff, missing 4 sets of gloves, finding 3 that work, loading the car, packing lunch, getting the kids up and moving, getting myself up and moving, having to stop on the way up to Snowbird to find one more pair... I almost cancel skiing every time we plan it.
AHHH!!!!!: There is something amazing about getting about 1/3 of the way up either of the Cottonwood Canyons... the snow, the sun, the trees, the fresh air!! I am reminded of why 39 years later I still ski!
ARGHH!@#: Getting the boots on everyone and then pulling my left boot over my foot that I dropped a shelve on (still swollen and bruised... not sure why I consented to go skiing today), carrying the skis to the lift, sun blocking everyone, finding out the snow conditions are "very hard" (not icey, but hard is putting it lightly), starting to see Cam panic 1/2 way up the lift, getting Cameron off the lift and realizing he is already sobbing and we haven't moved 1/2 foot, putting him between my legs and skiing down, Cam still sobbing, panic in his eyes, we both get tangled up, Uncle Mike takes him since every time he looks at me he cries. Yup, 45 minutes to do one run on the bunny hill.
AHHH!!!! Cam getting to the bottom of the mountain and he finally has a smile on his face. The sun peaking up over the mountains, Cam's confidence in full force, Lauren and Kenzi doing great. Getting down the next run in 15 minutes, the next one in 10 minutes and by the end of the day making it in 5-7 minutes with Cam and Kenzi leaving me behind! Stopping in the sun to eat our candy bars, Cameron happily sharing his Kit Kat with Kenzie and Rachel, Kenzi dropping her pole off the lift and not even realizing it, singing "Here Comes the Sun" on the lift as the sun beats down on our faces, Cameron repeating 10 times this is the best ski day ever... this is why I love the ski!
1 comment:
Thanks for the invite!
Post a Comment