As I was watching Cinderella for the 7th time tonight (including a couple of dress rehearsals), I learned a few things about myself:
1. I am just a hopeless romantic. I tear up every night during the transformation scene! Hallmark commercials make me cry and I don't think I could ever watch Pride & Prejudice, Anne of Green Gables or While You Were Sleeping too many times.
2. I love happy endings... and I cry at the end of every play. Whether it is Bountiful High's Cinderella, Oak Hills school play or Broadway Lion King, let me watch the final applause and curtain call and tears will come to my eyes. Not sure what this means.
3. I love watching my kids do things they love. I used to think my siblings were crazy when they watched endless soccer games... but now I don't want to miss any of Lauren's. If you would have told me I'd see Cinderella 11 times in 2 weeks I'd say you are crazy... and yet I am happily going to watch Cinderella 11 times in 2 weeks -- just so I can watch sweet Kenzi (in the few scenes she is in).
4. Nothing is better than watching my kids support each other. Cameron has now seen Cinderella 4 times and he claps loudly at any part Kenzi is in and yells Kenzi's name during the bows each night. You would think it was the first time he has ever seen her on stage by his excitement.
5. There is just something about High School plays. The "cat calls" in the kissing scenes, the best friends yelling out during the play, the "mobbing" in the foyer after, the super proud parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment