Lolo and I had a chance to go to church in Florida (more about that later) and heard some great talks from the missionaries.
One missionary shared a scripture ... and I can't find it now. But it was talking about Peace the Savior gives to us. And at the end of this scripture it say I come to you. The missionary talked about the significance in this one that says come to you. There are several scriptures I love that talk about coming unto me but he emphasized the Savior will come to you. He can be there in times of trial and stress and his atonements was part of that. There were some awful school shootings here last month and 17 people died. One of the girls that died was in the ward this missionary was serving. He talked about how hard it was to understand all of this for everyone, for the family and for himself. But he shared that scripture and talked about how Christ will come unto you -- and be there for you -- and help you find peace.
As a mom that feels like I'm not the best mom and wife, a cancer patient who feels icky and discouraged a lot, and a person that wonders how come I can't seem to live up to my full potential I love this. I love the peace promised. And I love that Christ will come to me when I need His spirit to be with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment