Sunday, March 18, 2018

Florida, Miracles, I hate chemo and love spring breaking with Lolo

So because I'm me -- I just planned to stay on my every 28 day chemo schedule.  Why?  Did I ever last time?  No.. but instead I planned a spring break trip to St George with Dave and Cam and Lolo invited me to join her on a spring break trip to Florida to stay with our awesome cousins and soak up the sun.

But what happens?  White blood issues after the first chemo and I couldn't have my 2nd chemo. Not sure why I was so shocked - I think we all hope for the best!

So the St. George trip was out -- and the Florida trip was iffy based on white blood and chemo.

My awesome friends did a fast and as always rallied around me giving me strength.  The family was great encouraging me and helping me do everything I could to be able to have my next chemo.

And gratefully just missing one week helped and I was able to have chemo.  I know the prayers and fasting were heard!

Unfotunately the chemo or Nuelsasta shot for white blood, took a toll on me and I did pretty well for a few days but Sunday started to feel awful.  Monday and Tuesday I felt like I could die.  And honestly by noon on Tuesday I feel like I had 100 pounds strapped to my ankles.  I'm assuming it was the nuelasta but it was horrible.  Flying to Florida sounded impossible, but I didn't want to miss the chance to spend a few days with Lolo.  I kept praying that if it would be a good idea to take this trip it would work out.

Wednesday morning I felt a bit better and decided to give it a try.  In the middle of the night Wedneday it was like the chemo and garbage finished it course and I felt totally different.  (Not fabulous but compared to before it was amazing!)

So we made it and we've love hanging on the beach, paddleboarding, eating fabulous food, mini golf and just relaxing.  Toph and Lindsey have an amazing place on the beach and we have been able to hang out with Doug and Tayler too!

So grateful I was able to make it and for Lolo for inviting me and amazing nephews/nieces who love us and take care of us!














No comments: