Monday, May 6, 2013

Sister Bauer ... MTC!

Had a chance to take my "niece" Jacquelyn to the MTC a few weeks ago.  (Ok... so maybe not my niece, but her mom Nat has been my lifelong BFF... probably the first friend I remember... and my kids called them their cousins and I don't know what I would have done through school and YW and BYU and boyfriends and life without Nat).

Jacquelyn is amazing and it was so exciting to be a part of it.  They live in DC she flew in the morning of her scheduled time.  Cam and Kenzi and I picked her up, made a quick trip to In-N-Out Burger (a tradition with us) and headed to Provo. 

Loved seeing the line of cars entering the MTC, love seeing the petrified missionary faces, loved seeing the weepy family members, loved the guy that told us "you have 2 1/2 minutes to get her luggage out, take a picture and say goodbye."  Loved the spirit and everything about it.

Long Beach is one lucky mission!!!!















1 comment:

kelzone said...

maybe i already said this, but seriously, wednesdays are my favorite at the mtc. i just stare out the window and watch the families dropping their kids off. and those faces the first day of class when we only speak to them in spanish--so great.