Some of those who have been unfortunate enough to be around me much this past month, have known I've been a little stressed about a recurrence.
My CA 125 was up last month (just a point or two), but I do have a couple of friends who have had some signs of recurrences... or not .... and I've just been a little on edge. I have a lump a squishy jello like lump in my stomach that has also been worrying me. And last month I had an allergic reaction to chemo. Oh, and I've been gaining weight.
Monday: Allergic reaction again.. Benedryl pre-drip didn't seem to stop it. After chemo my face puffed up, eyes went vampire red, felt like someone was sitting on my chest and I was a little raspy. Seriously looked like the kids in my high school who would get stoned at lunch and come back in the hall. And I wanted to barf. Jenn was with me and it only lasted about an hour -- and even after about 5 minutes it started to decrease. But ick! I hate that feeling.
Monday after chemo: Dr. Z appt. Love, love, love that woman! She said the stomach lump is a muscle issue post surgery and in a few years in I want to operate to get rid of it they could. She was very cute and kept talking about how she thinks I have a long life ahead of me. She also thinks some of the issues I am having with some pains in my stomach are just post surgery, scar tissue type things. And as long as my CA 125 wasn't up I am ok and don't need a CT scan.
And today... CA 125 is 9!!!! It has bounced from 7-11 since last August so I am good.
Thanks for the prayers and the listening ears.
My stomach is still ugly this morning and I hate this weight gain garbage that menopause seems to bring on, but life is good!!!
1 comment:
9 is definitely something to celebrate about. :) :) Yay!!
Post a Comment