Dave and I were at Les Mis the other night and Lolo called me -- she is in Vegas at a soccer tournament. I texted her and told her to txt me and I didn't hear back. In the meantime Dave starting getting texts. After about an hour he opened his phone to the text above. He showed me and I decided I had better go see what happened. Since I haven't actually seen her yet... she is still in Vegas ... this is what I can piece together after talking to her and my friend Julie.
Summary:
- Lolo and her friend Savannah were staying at Savannah's aunt for the soccer tournament.
- All of the adults went out to dinner and they stayed home -- getting ready for their 8pm game.
- Savannah's uncle didn't know they were staying home and set the motion alarm.
- A little while later Lolo and Savannah went downstairs -- and set of the alarm.
- They were "alarmed" and had no idea they had set it off.
- The alarm company called the uncle -- he said no one was home and he didn't know why it went off.
- He sent the neighbor over to check it out.
- The neighbor knocked -- Lolo and Savannah were freaked out so they didn't want to go to the door. Savannah decided to go and answer the door, but by then the neighbor had headed to the back of the house to check things out.
- He knocked a garbage can or something -- and the girls heard it. He then started looking in the windows to see if someone was in there.
- They try calling Savannah's mom and she didn't answer
- Girls grab what they can -- fire extinguisher and oil bottle for Savannah and Lauren had 8 knives in her hand.
- At this point the girls were totally freaked out and hid in the closet. Lauren called 911.
- Lolo to 911 -- Help, help we are home alone and someone is trying to break in.
- 911 -- Tell me your name and where you are.
- Lolo -- Lauren and I have no idea where I am. I live in Bountiful Utah.
- 911 -- Who else is there.
- Lolo -- Me and just another 15 year old.
- 911 -- What does the house look like?
- Lolo -- Mexican and it is brown.
- You need to go and find something that has the address on it.
- Apparently they found something because the police arrive.
- The police and the neighbor and the girls check out the whole house. The girls are still frantic and police assure them that no one is there.
- Shortly thereafter Julie comes home realizing there is a problem.
- They hysterically laughing tell the story and realize they were the ones to trip the alarm.
- Lolo plays an awesome game.
Calling 911 and having an event like this is a dream of Lolo's. Guessing this will be Lauren's favorite story ever... she'll be telling her kids 30 years from now!
1 comment:
Too funny! Sounds like the teenage version of "Home Alone"!
Post a Comment