The little things in life mean the most ... and on New Year's Eve I got my first little miracle of the year.
I haven't slept through the night in months and months... and have hardly slept at all for the past few weeks. The Graves disease makes me itch, from the inside out, and I scratch and scratch all night long.
On the night of the 30th I was up until 5am, finally took a shower and fell asleep at 6am. I was emotionally and physically exhausted.
So on New Year's Eve I asked Dave to give me a blessing... I really was about to lose it.
He blessed me that I would find some comfort until the Drs. can decide what to do.
And guess what... I slept for about 8 hours that night!!! Of course I was up a few times for a potty run, but I immediately went back to sleep. Although I would start to itch, I could just close my eyes and fall back to sleep.
May sound silly, but was the welcome relief I needed! My own New Year's Eve miracle.
1 comment:
Insomnia is maddening and a vicious cycle. I can imagine your relief. Here's to many more restful nights in 2013!
Post a Comment