Monday, July 19, 2010

We (12 of us) Did it... and it was pretty cool!

Thanks to Grandpa and my brave siblings and nieces and nephews, I did what I never thought I would do... skydiving. Despite the "uni-bomber" scare video we had to watch first it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be... although I'm not sure I could do it again. Jumping out of the plane wasn't bad because I didn't really jump... instead my tandem guy grabbed my head and flipped out of the plane for me. The best part was the 110 mph for 60 seconds free fall. Although I screamed the entire time what a cool feeling. Didn't love the parachuting part so much... all of the flipping around made me a little motion sick.

There were 12 of us, so we did 3 planes of 4 each. It was funny watching Scott count parachutes as each of his kids jumped... once he saw all 4 open he enjoyed it much better.

(Had major issues posting these pictures, so you have to scroll from the bottom up to see them in order.)


















My kids weren't so sure about the tatoo'd, ponytailed tandom partners.. but I assured them I'd be safe with my 2000+ jump man.






















Our photographer let the kids take a quick look at the plane.

Long-hair had to be in a braid or cap.
It was fun to watch as well...I think my kids were just glad when I was down. After all of the jumpers from each plane had landed they let the rest of us go on the field. My kids ran over to hug me and Cam said "Mom I'm glad you didn't die."
I highly recommend the place we did. Good times had by all... otter pops for the spectators and just an amazing day!

2 comments:

thederricks said...

Wow! I am so impressed by your bravery!!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Nancy Nina said...

Incredible pics! I almost wouldn't believe you did it if not for them...almost.