Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tara & Gavin Wedding -- Great Wedding... not your typical wedding weekend

Tara & Gavin... great wedding weekend.
In April we all enjoyed one of the funnest wedding weekends I've had. It started on Friday with a huge Mexican fiesta -- Mariachi band and all! Rico's fabulous catering and Jenn's friends made an incredible dinner. The Cottle siblings A-Z gifts were amazing (I've got to get the list) and who knew pinatas at a wedding dinner would be go great!

The wedding was beautiful... and of course Tara and I had the most tears. My favorite part was watching Lauren all day. She followed Tara and Gavin and took pictures, helped hold her dress and even went to Idaho to the open house. (I think she would have gone on the honeymoon if she could have! Which led to a very good mom/daughter chat.)

After the reception they had a dance... everyone loved the dancing including Grandpa. He got so carried away he actually fell. Jenn got it on video -- it was very funny and he handled the fall very well.

I am so grateful to have such a great niece that my kids look up to (and Gavin is now Cameron's favorite new person)! You two are great examples to all of us!



Cameron got Tara's garter and this girl caught the bouquet... he was so proud!
Lauren and Jana

Cam & Kenzi had a great time dancing... everyone did for over 1/2 hour. Grandpa got into things and even took a tumble!!! But he was ok.Ok, so I wasn't the only one crying here.
The girls were mesmorized by Gavin & Tara's first dance.
What a cheesy family! Cam loved the fake mustache. Cottle, Hess and Stout Girls Cam and Gavin -- Cam's favorite new family member. About time we get some more boys! Everyone loves Tara. Beautiful Cottle Women! Aunt Sharron and Aunt Maureen -- the only two left f Fiesta the night before was so much fun! The bride and groom got their own pinata and the kids thought it was the best wedding dinner ever. The Cottle siblings did a great A-Z wedding gift. How Adam can be so spiritual and so trashy at the same time cracks me up. Everyone loved the Mariachi band... especially Rachel and the cute teenager guy.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Very nice Steph...Trashy and spiritual? Do they go together...I am just not sure exactly how to take that......

IT was a great weekend!

Cam is such the little man.

Tara said...

:D Thanks for the post for us...You have us more up to date than our own blog.

You are awesome steph...And as I told you...one of the things that makes it easy to talk Gav into making the 3 and a half hour drive to bountiful is telling him we will see Cameron. We wish we could have watched them bringing in gifts.

Lauren was extremely helpful throughout the big day and at the bridal shower. She is awesome and I just love her!

And of course both kenz and lobo were such a great help as our little waitresses. Couldn't have done it without them.