I design my own future. All that I want to become is available to me through:
- Determination
- Goal Setting
- Good Studying Habits
- Pride in My Accomplishments
- And Service to Others
Not only did they challenge the kids physically and intellectually, they were teaching them amazing principles. The director and all of the counselors knew everyone's names, they were positive, the kids were polite, they were busy literally 7am - 11 pm every day (she was a bit tired), and the food wasn't nearly as bad as she thought. (They didn't get snacks though and it about killed her.)
Couple of thoughts.
Picking up Lauren was so funny. They had a "graduation" and after they gave awards the kids came back to say hi to parents. Her friend gave her dad and brother a big hug, her dad kissed her, etc, etc.
Lauren on the other hand gave me a 1/2 arm hug and looked and Kenzi and Cameron and smiled. Hmm... either too cool or didn't really miss us.
On the way home I asked her why she had such a different greeting than Mandy did. Did she just want to be cool? Did she not miss us or ??
Her response. "Mom, you just dropped me off on Tuesday, it isn't like I could really get home sick!" Good for you Lolo!!!
Lauren wants to go back (and now Cam and Kenzi want to go to) and I would highly recommend this to anyone whose kids LOVE Space.
No comments:
Post a Comment