Tuesday, March 9, 2010

There is nothing worse than being a woman who has no ability to control tears and tender emotions... unless you are a male with that same problem

Ok Cam, I've said this before... I am so sorry you got so much of me in you... especially the Bevan cry face and totally lack of ability to control tears.

I've dealt with this my whole life. In Kindergarten when they sang Happy Birthday to me and I cried to whole time, watching movies and sobbing at the end, teaching lessons when no one can understand me because of crying, sitting in R.S. on Sunday just hearing the words to a favorite song and wiping away tears. I even cry in happy times. Jenn and I played a duet in a R.S. thing when we were teenagers and we messed up and started laughing so hard we both had tears streaming down our faces and just sat at the piano and laughed and cried for 5 minutes. I looked at my mom and she just sat there shaking her head.

Today I dropped off Kindergarten carpool, watched them all run in and drove away and ran a quick errand. When I got home a few minutes later there was a message, I thought it was Makenzie's voice but I had just been at her school and I knew it couldn't have been her. The message said, "adsjlf;aiasfd ja;ldsfjaiofhaf adsjf;adfka" and there was gasping and tears and more "aoidhfadf adsfopadhis." I assumed it was Cameron but had no idea what he had said. I knew he wasn't hurt or they wouldn't have let him call me, so I called back the school.

Just like on LOST (thank you Dave) I'll share in a flashback.

After dropping the kids off, apparently Cam realized he didn't have his backpack. Which is not the end of the world, unless it is LIBRARY DAY and you are supposed to see Mr. Weadon. I guess he came running after my car, through the parking lot screaming. I drove away and didn't see the 5 year old screaming at the top of his lungs chasing me as fast as he could go!!!! Those in the parking lot that watch it said he was absolutely devastated and tried so hard to get to me.

His teacher said when he got to class he was just sobbing and so upset... he had forgotten to bring back his library book.

When I brought it up to the school they were all walking down to an assembly. When the teacher saw me we both did our best to not burst out into laughter and I handed her the backpack. I look in line and there is cute little Cam, shaggy hair, Bevan cry face, trying his very best not to burst into tears again.

I gave him a high five, told him to have fun and walked away as his teacher told him she'd keep his backpack until after the assembly and then they'd all go to library together. I could hear gasps for breath as I walked away... Cam still trying to hold it together.

Hating to ever mess up, wanting to never disappoint others, being a little intense and being very senstive are personality characteristics that only make the tears come faster and longer.

Someone told me once they believed no one should ever cry alone... and I guess I believe that too because I'm the first the join in on any kind of tear fest.

So... sorry Cam, I feel your pain. Having me as a mom and Kenzi as a sister will probably only make this issue worse. You may get punched a few times growing up for your sensitivity, but I'm hoping someday your wife and daughters will appreciate the tender little man you are!

6 comments:

mattie said...

that is so sad and i can totally relate. in sixth grade, i cried when i had my first missing assignment (albeit, it was my own fault). i was afraid my parents would be upset and that my teacher would get mad at me. so tell cam that he'll turn out pretty okay even though he's a little more sensitive. i am sure his future wife will love it!

Unknown said...

LOL. I so do not have that problem. What a sweet tender boy...the girls are going to LOVE him, if they don't already! I know I do!

Mom and Kenz said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA


THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!

Your fav. daughter
Kenzie H

Reba said...

I know nothing better than to see a man shedding tears!

kaylee nicole said...

That explains why there were six girls and Cameron playing in our backyard and he was the only one crying!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Kenzie's comment even though I am a crier too, mostly in movies and funerals, but I am sure I cried a lot in elementary school - I do remember crying once because I was late for school. I try not to cry just because of THAT BEVAN FACE!