Thursday, March 18, 2010

Crush the Turtle, Cowabungo Cameron and the Bra

We spent the day at California Adventure and loved it. Although 'Soaring Over California' was amazing, the Toy Story 4-D was totally cool, we all loved the Bugs Life 3-D movie, and Lauren Dave and Kenz couldn't get enough of California Screamer -- the highlight of the day had to be Cameron's interactive discussion with Crush the Turtle from Nemo.

They have a small theatre where Crush the Turtle has live interactive discussion with the audience while he is in the bottom of the ocean. It is a combination of improve comedy and virtual digital animation.

Crush called on Cameron when the audience was able to ask Crush questions:

Crush: "What is your name dude?"

Cameron: "Cameron."

Crush: "Cowabunga Cameron dude. What's your question?"

Cameron: "What are all of your kids names?" (Crush said he had 65 kids earlier.)

Crush: "Roshell, Mishell, Toshell, Shelldon... " and then he goes off on a hilarious improve of 65 names with funny jokes about the Beetles, the Jackson brothers, etc.

Crush to Cameron: "Can you help me for a minute?" Crush swims away and comes back with a bikini top. "We found this at the beach and we don't know what it is. Can you tell me what this is?"

Cameron: A little embarrassed... "It's a bra!"

Audience: Laughing hysterically.

Crush and Show Narrator: Silence. Not expecting bra as the answer.

Crush: Laughing... "Hey bro, hey bra! Is that how you use it?"

Cameron: "No!"

Crush: "Then what is it for?"

Steph and Cathy: Sitting in the back and laughing hysterically, tears streaming down my cheeks thinking "Please don't let him answer this question out loud. I shouldn't have let him sit in front by himself."

Show Narrator: Taking the microphone away from Cameron so he doesn't answer -- this is a kids show after all. "It's what girls use to go swimming Crush." Whew... I'm pretty sure that is not what Cameron was about to say and I'm pretty sure how he would have answered.

Audience: Laughing, laughing, laughing!

Crush puts on bikini top.

Crush to Cameron: "Does it make me look fat?"

Cameron: "No it doesn't."

Crush: "I'm going to go put this back and let's all pretend we are Dory and say this never happened!"

Crush to Audience: "If you promise to keep this a secret say CHAW!"

Show ends a few couple of minutes later and Steph, Cathy, Lauren and Kenzi are still laughing... and tears still streaming down my eyes.

I realize this is one of those things "you have to be there to appreciate" but Cathy and I laughed all day about this. It was obvious by the silence after "bra" that Cameron had not given the right answer and the narrator was a little concerned about what he would say next.

I guess they didn't realize this 5 year old sweet little boy from Utah would have no idea what a bikini top would be!


April 2010 Update: So we were cleaning the cabin after spending a few days there and I found a bra that one of Kelli's friends had left. I threw it in the garbage and later asked Cam to take out the garbage. As he was emptying the trash he saw the bra and "Hmmm... a girls bikini top... I know what that is." Poor guy, he is now more confused than ever.

4 comments:

The Lymans said...

All week I have been guessing that the Land's End box you had me get from your front porch was your new summer bikini! Too funny!

mattie said...

That's great. It's so true though that a Mormon boy from Utah would know what a bra was before a bikini! I guess you need to get yourself one now so he doesn't teach anymore kids about underwear!

Unknown said...

I'm sure being there increased the appreciation for what happened...but reading that is still HILARIOUS! WAY TO GO CAM!

Linda said...

I love that show with Crush! Lucky, lucky Cameron & you! What a riot!