Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why I Still Ski...


Ok, so these posts are a little dated, but I'm a little behind on the blogging.
I love to ski! Not because I come home at the end of the day and my legs are like jello and I did great runs all day long... (those were the great high school and college days) because except for the yearly Oracle Deer Valley Ski day I'm generally on the beginning/intermediate runs with my kids.

But there is nothing more beautiful than the mountains in Utah... especially when there is an inversion in the valley.

These pictures were taken on an icky, January inversion day. It was 20 degrees in the valley and we were surrounded by "soup." As we drove up the canyon the inversion cleared and we watched the thermostat hit 40 degrees.

My cute kids and friends and hubby, great snow, beautiful mountains, fresh air... why wouldn't I still ski?

No comments: