There are lots of great things about Dave, but two of them came to mind on Saturday morning as I walked out in the backyard. He is very creative and is a very hard worker. Every summer he gets bored and creative at the same time and we end up with some cool new things in the yard. (Last summer it was the tire swing!!!)
Earlier this summer he built a firepit (see cutting phone lines post). He decided we needed a cute little patio to go along with the firepit up in the pines. For Father's Day I got him two Andirondack chairs and this weekend he started (and almost finished) the little patio.
The thing I love the most about these projects is having the kids help him. As soon as Cameron found out he was outside Saturday morning he got on his gloves, got his tool kit and spent the few hours "helping" dad!
Lauren also immediately when back a spent the day helping him design and put it together. (Kenzi likes watching and bringing out sodas ... that is her way of helping.)
It turned out great and we've enjoyed it already. (We just need to work on the estimating. He bought 3 bags of sand and ended up needing more like 15. I think by the end of the day between both of us we had made at least 5 trips to Loews for supplies).
1 comment:
Love Cam's cowboy boots!
Post a Comment