Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Chito ... growing up and teaching me lessons!

Cameron turned 14 last week.  Where has time gone.  He is handsome and smart and kind and sensitive and rubs my feet when I've had chemo, and loves sports and music and Hamilton and fortnite and making cookies and hanging out with friends and hammocking and Harry Potter and playing games.

But I love that he teaches me.

I've been desperately trying to get Cameron Hamilton tickets for his birthday.  He and Kenzi would love to go. I wasn't able to get them when they tickets first came out and now they are overpriced.

On his birthday I told him I wasn't able to get tickets and I was sorry.  His response "Mom why are you focusing on the things we don't have and not the things we do have?"  How did he get so wise.

A couple of months ago Kenzi found out she didn't get the leadership scholarship she wanted at USU.  I was so sad and mad.  She would have been perfect!  And I didn't want her to be sad!  She worked so hard.  And was a finalist among 600+.  Cameron's comment when I was feeeling mad and sad.  Looking at the glass in front of him "Mom is the glass half empty or is it half full?"

I really do appreciate what he teaches me and how he keeps me focused on what matters.  In some ways you are 14 and some ways you are wise beyond your years.

Love you.

No comments: