Tuesday, December 17, 2013

If we can laugh at it, we can live with it!

If we can laugh at it, we can live with it!

I heard this quote on a BYU Devotional today -- LOVE IT!!

I know I'm a bit morbid about my cancer and mortality, etc -- and I think at times it makes people uncomfortable.  They don't know how to react.

But this sums it up.  If I can laugh at it -- I can live with it!  I don't have a choice about what happens to me so if I can joke and laugh and accept it is easier.  It isn't dark, it isn't scary, it is just life.

I love that my kids joked about finding a new wife for Dave on ldssingles.com.  I love that Dave and the kids could make jokes about my bald head and my anorexic looking body when I was so sick.  I love that I can joke about whether or not I'll be around in 3 years.

This quote makes me feel better about our "sick" sense of humor!

No comments: