* Waking up to a clear, blue morning in California and having breakfast with Cathy -- one of my favorite people in the world.
* A relaxing morning -- no need to tell Lauren 100x that we need to go or Cameron that although he sounds great playing the piano he needs to go get ready.
* Driving to the beach under gorgeous, sunny skies -- not a cloud anywhere. Not even a drop of fog on the coast. We could even see Channel Islands. (Getting car sick winding through the canyon, but I didn't barf ... and if I had barfed I still have leftover barf bags from chemo in my car. How perfect is that!)
* Wandering through tide pools. Low tide was never super low, but it was low enough that we saw sea en enemies, lots of star fish and several sea crabs. (Ok, so Kenzi did drop her phone and camera in the water and they are probably ruined. But she didn't get upset. She was calm. She said "they are just a phone and camera." How perfect is that girl's attitude!!! Seeing her reaction and sweetness despite it really was perfect!)
* Zuma Beach in Malibu with hardly anyone around. Slight breeze, 70+ degrees.
* Porpoises swimming by ALL DAY LONG! I felt like I was in the front row of Sea World! So fun to watch everyone get excited all day about the porpoises.
* Dave and Cameron having lots of beach football games... with the girls and I joining in occasionally. Kenzi finally caught a long bomb and the look on her face was priceless.
* Lolo lounging in the sun -- heaven for her!
* Two long beach walks -- one with Kenzi and one with Dave.
* Watching Kenzi and Cameron boogie board. Coming from 30s and high winds made the beach feel hot to us. (Lots of people in sweaters and scarfs and boots.) Not Cam and Kenz. Spent about 45 minutes boogie boarding... and Cam even did a 2nd round later.
* Lauren creating Mermaids out of Cameron and Kenzi.
* Kids being old enough to not worry about them every second. Dave and I even took a couple mile walk while Lauren created the Mermaids.
* Lauren and Kenzi digging a huge hole... Lauren has always been a huge fan of digging on the beach and I love that even now she still loves to do it.
* Coming home to hot showers, followed by an amazing Tepanayki dinner with Ray & Cathy (my idols!). How the chef doesn't burn his hands and cut his fingers is beyond me. Soooo much food. Scallops, shrimp, steak, veggies. Mmmmmm.
* BYU Basketball with a great ending.
* Rummikub and off to bed. The kids were all worn out and by the time I got ready for bed and went to say goodnight they were all completely zonked!
* Really was a perfect day! I wouldn't change a thing. So much to be grateful for -- and so grateful for a perfect day of memories for me and my family!































No comments:
Post a Comment