Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A good thing about Hyperthyroid...

Trying to find the bright side of things... 

A good thing about hyperthyroid -- I wore a skirt to church Sunday that I haven't been able to zip up for quite some time.

Ok... so I would trade the skirt to get rid of the swollen ankles that gross Lauren out (she gives me socks to wear so she doesn't have to look at them), the rapid heartbeat (had to find a couch to sit on while shopping the other day cause I could hardly breath), and the shaky hands (again... this drives Lauren nuts too.)

I saw the Endocrinologist and I have either Graves disease or drug induced hyperthyroid.  Unfortunately I can't do the thyroid intake test until December 26th because I take a multi-vitamin so I had to wait 2 weeks from then.  No multi-vitamin or shell fish until the test.  Too much iodine. 

Depending on the result, the Endo doc and my chemo doc will give me their opinion as to whether or not I stay on the clinical trial.  So no chemo until at least January 8th.  Yay!!!!!!!

My chemo doc called and told me she thinks that perhaps I have had this for a while and that many of the symptoms we thought were chemo were actually hyperthyroid.  (I did feel vindicated since she told me I needed to do more cardio when I told her about my rapid heart rate and she said my ankles weren't really swollen when I could hardly seen them.)  

The Endo doc thinks it is likely drug induced, the chemo doc thinks it isn't, and I think it was trauma induced after surgery and 1st chemo.  

We'll see next week!

In the meantime I'm loving the holidays and the beautiful music and feeling in the air... and my totally ripped apart house.  Remind me again why we thought it was a good time to do remodeling?

And I'm happy to have the energy to be running around enjoying Christmas.

No comments: